Monday, August 7, 2017

Falling

Do you remember that team-building thing where you blindly fall back into what you hope are arms that will catch you before you hit the ground?  I never was much for those exercises.  But I get the point about needing to trust those you work with.  We all need a place to fall.

Twila Paris writes a song about trust.  It expresses the things I wrestle with daily ...

I know the answers, I've given them all
But suddenly now, I feel so small
Shaken down to the cavity in my soul ...
I know the doctrine and theology
But right now they don't mean much to me
This time there's only one thing I've got to know ...
Do I trust You, Lord? Does the robin sing?
Do I trust You, Lord? Does it rain in spring?
You can see my heart, You can read my mind
And You got to know I would rather die
Than to lose my faith in the One I love
Do I trust You, Lord? Do I trust You?
 
So ... would you fall into Jesus' arms, trusting Him to catch you?  Has religion given you "pat" answers and cliche's and have things in your life shaken you down to the cavity in your soul?  Are you willing to "fall into Jesus?"
 
That is where we will travel together during the next month, maybe longer.  The next four weeks will ask where we stand in relation to God, how we trust feelings rather than reality and/or God, how we understand love and how we thank God for what we call His blessings.  Do we REALLY trust God or do we trust in other things?
 
And yes ... we can trust in a God that is even more certain than singing birds, the coming of spring rains, the rising of the sun and the turning of the earth.  THAT God can see our hearts, read our minds and can be trusted when we fall.  Jesus says ... "come to me (trust Me as a destination) ... take my yoke upon you (trust me as Someone worth carrying with you) ... let me teach you (trust Me to lead your day/life) [Matthew 11:28-30 selected]."  All of this begs a question ... what do you fall into when you are "weary and heavy laden?"  Great question!  Randy

No comments:

Post a Comment