Monday, May 18, 2015

Glad

I am glad God works differently than our State and National government.  I have been working on a simple insurance issue that should have taken a few minutes.  In fact, the website said "less than three minutes."  BEWARE of the claims of State government!  Three minutes can be an eternity!

Thankfully God operates differently.  First, our connection to God is direct.  We are able to contact God through prayer and the Holy Spirit 24x7 all day long.  In the story of Jesus' crucifixion the symbolic and actual message is clearly sent by God as the curtain in the temple is torn from top to bottom ... pretty cool!  God removed the man-made barrier that the Jewish had placed between people and God.

Second, God does not place us on hold, give us a series of "hoops" to jump through.  As I tried to reach a real person from the State I felt like Dorothy on the Wizard of Oz having to get the broomstick of the Wicked Witch of the West.  And that is just to talk to someone.  I am thankful I can talk to God as I go through my daily tasks.  David, in the Psalms, did just that, sharing joy and failure with his best and most faithful relationship, God.

Finally, God isn't that fake person that says, "I would like to help, BUT ... "  It is deflating when you finally get to a person and find out they really don't want to help you at all ... they just want to "process" you.  Meat is processed.  Cheese is processed.  People are worth more than that! We know God is El Roi ... the God who hears.  When God hears He takes in the entire situation and does exactly the right thing (not what we ask or want always, but always the perfect thing in His plan).

I am glad for a relationship with a God I can seek, find and place my heart in His hands!

No comments:

Post a Comment