Sunday, February 19, 2023

Testimony

I wonder if the young people who are involved in the Asbury awakening(s) are seeing and experiencing something that we talk about, pray about, but have trouble believing.  Here is a testimony from a young lady from the Santa Rosa Beach area (Facebook post).  I won't use her name, but do you think she is experiencing this event in a different kingdom than we think is the "real" world?  What if she is seeing past the facade and into the very presence of God?  Paul said it like this ... "For now we see in a mirror dimly, but then face to face.  Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known (! Corinthians 13:12)."  And earlier in that chapter ... "when the perfect comes, then the partial will pass away (! Corinthians 13:10)."

"I left Santa Rosa Beach yesterday at 4:30 am .. drove 10 hours .. stood in a line for 3 hours in 23 degree snowy weather and then went into Hughes Chapel and worshipped for 4 hours.  There are NO words to describe this experience.  I hate to drive and was unsure if I was capable of a solo 10 hour drive ... but it flew by, like a 3-4 hour trip ... Holy Spirit.  I would have thought after a 10 hour drive I would be spent, but instead I happiny got in line.  3 hours flew by and I met some of the most amazing "line buddies."  The Salvation Army was giving out free pizza, water, snacks and hot chocolate.  There were large space heaters every 10-20 feet along the line.  Surprisingly I was not miserably cold ... Holy Spirit.  When I made it to Hughes Chapel - this is where I am at a total loss for words - but I will try - it felt like a warm blanket wrapped around me while I remained covered in chill bumps most of the time.  The Holy Spirit was palpable in that space ... like NOTHING I HAVE EVER EXPERIENCED!  I kept moving my pick up time because I didn't want to leave ... I can't believe 4 hours passed!  The question that kept coming to mind was ... is this what heaven is like?   The answer ( I think) is heaven will probably be a million times better and that I truly can't imagine.  I didn't meet one local person ... the people were coming there from all over the world!  I would do this every day if possible ... it was such a privilege to experience!"

The mirror and the dim view was pulled back for a moment.  Through prayer, confession, repentance she was both known and knowing.  The unseen became seen and reality was changed forever.  On earth, as it is in heaven!  Lord ... make it so!  Randy

No comments:

Post a Comment