Monday, May 1, 2023

Friends

I am thankful for friends.  That may be a bit cliche'ish, but it is true.  Wednesday Ashley Eiland will facilitate Bible study while I am in a meeting.  This Sunday morning, Judy Cassidy will share her testimony and information about her trip to the Holy Land.  Both the Bible Study and the messages on Sunday are in great hands of gifted and faithful friends.

When we share friends "in Christ" we share a life that is not bound by geography and time.  These friends are eternal ... and they are people with whom we will share life and worship in God's kingdom both here and when Jesus comes in His final victory.  Paul knew this when he wrote ... "I thank God every time I remember you.  In all my prayers for you, I always pray with joy because of your partnership in the Gospel from the first until now, being confident in this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Jesus Christ (Philippians 1:4-6)."

God completes us together.  He fulfills His work through and in us.  And to God be the glory for giving us those with whom we share the work and message of the Cross!  AMEN

No comments:

Post a Comment