Monday, January 2, 2017

Running

You have heard the expression, "hitting the ground running."  I like that expression because I am a "git er done" kind of person.  I love our current Strategic Planning Team which has very much been a tactical/implementation team where we have applied the PIE concept (planning, implementation, evaluation [plus I like pie]).  But we also see a need to look out a little further.  Over the next few weeks all the folks that are under the Abbeville United Methodist umbrella (that includes all of you) will be asked some questions.  They will relate to how you see AUMC now ... how you would change what is happening ... how you see the future of AUMC.  I am hoping I can count on all of you to be a part of this.  Proverbs 29:18 says, "Without vision the people perish."  I want AUMC to be a viable, fruitful and life-changing part of the Abbeville area for many years to come, so I am asking (and I think God agrees) each of you to become an active part of going forward.  Thanks for making 2016 a good year but we can make the years to come great years if we pool the God-led vision of our leadership and our people.  I am excited about where we are going because (as the African hymn says) "We are marching in the light of God."  With God all things are possible ... Let's run with Christ! Randy

No comments:

Post a Comment